Kirsten Doolittle is the founder and Managing Shareholder of Aequitas Counsel. With nearly two decades of experience as a labor and employment trial attorney, Ms. Doolittle is uniquely positioned to understand the interests of employers and academic institutions.
In the Beginning
Prior to launching Aequitas Counsel, Ms. Doolittle worked as a solo practitioner representing employees, labor unions and employers in the state and federal courts and administrative agencies of Florida. In 2000, Ms. Doolittle began her career as a litigation associate for a large Washington D.C. law firm. She has tried labor, employment and Title IX cases in the federal courts and has arbitrated over 50 labor disputes.
Turning the Corner
In 2016, Ms. Doolittle began serving as the outside Title IX investigator for a Florida university. Since then, she has come to appreciate the unique skill set required to conduct these investigations and has discovered a real love for the work. The opportunity to help employers and schools address these important and sensitive problems in a timely fashion has proven rewarding and impactful.
Setting the Bar
Not all investigators have the experience required to conduct a competent investigation and later defend their findings should litigation arise. Ms. Doolittle is board certified in labor and employment law by The Florida Bar. Combined with her experience, Ms. Doolittle can identify legal issues during an investigation that may help her clients avoid litigation. In addition to the above, Ms. Doolittle has affiliations with the following professional organizations:
- Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI), Certificate Holder (AWI-CH)
- Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA), Certified Investigator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator & Qualified Arbitrator
- Pro Bono Mediator Panel, Jacksonville Human Rights Commission
- Pro Bono Mediator Panel, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Orlando Division
- Chester Bedell Inn on Court, Master Member
- The Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Federal Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee, Member
- Florida Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Admitted in the Federal and State Courts of Virginia, District of Columbia and Florida, and the Fourth, Fifth, Eleventh, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals
Ms. Doolittle graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College in 1996 and from the University of Southern California Law School in 2000. Ms. Doolittle lives in Jacksonville, Florida with her husband and two children. She enjoys cooking, traveling with her family, CrossFit and any activity at the beach.
Gina Martin is the Investigations Manager for Aequitas Counsel. Ms. Martin coordinates all communications and meetings so that participants receive consistent and equal access throughout the investigation. Ms. Martin also maintains the investigation files and properly documents all contacts, interview summaries and receipt of information from participants.
Prior to joining Aequitas Counsel, Ms. Martin worked as an Executive Assistant with a Fortune 500 company. Ms. Martin is very excited to be on the Aequitas Counsel team and believes it is a true privilege to provide this work.
Ms. Martin graduated from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in 2005, and lives in Jacksonville, Florida, with her husband and three children. Outside of work she enjoys spending time with friends and family, watching her children play sports and volunteering at church.